Superb EFL/ESL Classroom Management
You can buy this Course for $ 49 or try Demo first
About the course
New to TEFL/TESOL, Experienced
Adults, Teenagers, Young learners
Understanding and being able to manage a class of students is essential for any teacher. Improving classroom behavior, building relationships for a better classroom community, and fostering a positive classroom environment where student learning is the number one collective goal are important tasks for all educators.
This course will allow you to get a deeper understanding of experienced teachers’ go-to classroom management strategies.
In this course, we’re going to be looking at what makes effective classroom management and how to ensure it. In particular, we’ll be dealing with:
- the basics of managing class, which include building rapport with and managing interaction with them, as well as teacher talk
- the task cycle, that is, giving instructions, monitoring and supporting students’ learning and giving feedback on tasks
- Issues related to classroom management and how these can be resolved.
This course will help you not only better understand how to manage your class, but also to be able to practically deal with the challenges an EFL class presents.
Course Program (in Ukrainian)Download PDF
- Classroom Management
- Teaching Techniques
- Teaching tools
- Teaching online
What's in the course?
Variety of inputs
interesting texts, video lectures and tutorials, audio tracks to keep you engaged
Variety of tasks
tasks with closed (True/False, multiple choice, matching) and open questions (reflection tasks with suggested answers)
Examples of classroom situations
situations that threaten to distract students from the lesson and derail learning for all with possible solutions
Universal classroom management strategies
use the ones that best appeal to your situation and teaching style
to help you evaluate and improve your teaching
to keep the new knowledge organised and to give you the opportunity to return to it when needed
to track your progress and a must if you would like to receive a certificate
for further reading and study
This course consists of integral units that should be done in a strict order. Within each unit, the tasks follow a strict order and should be done one by one.
Basics of classroom management
Task cycle and instructions
Monitoring and feedback
Classroom management online
Managing classroom problems
By the end of the course, participants will:
- be better aware of the basics of classroom management such as rapport, interaction patterns and teacher talk and will better understand how to handle them
- learn how to manage tasks cycles and deliver instructions appropriately
- learn how to monitor different kinds of tasks and provide feedback that is helpful for students and based on their needs
- be introduced to useful tips on how to manage online classrooms
- be better able to recognise problems related to classroom management and learn how to solve them
The skills you will learn:
- building rapport with students and managing interaction with them
- managing your teacher talk
- setting tasks, checking understanding, monitoring, giving feedback
- solving issues related to classroom management
Based on the results of the final test you will get:
0–69% — Certificate of Attendance
70–89% — Certificate of Completion
90–100% — Certificate of Completion with Merit
Certificate will appear in your Profile.