Hacking CAE/CPE Writing
You can buy this Course for $ 59 or try Demo first
About the course
In this course, participants will take a closer look at how writing is assessed on the C1 Advanced (CAE) and C2 Proficiency (CPE) exams, including the criteria for assessment and the types of tasks that are provided, and how to prepare learners for the types of writing they will need to be successful in taking the CAE or CPE exams.
Course Program (in Ukrainian)Download PDF
- Exam Preparation
What's in the course?
Variety of inputs
Interesting texts, video lectures and tutorials to keep you engaged
Variety of tasks
Tasks with closed (True/False, multiple choice, matching) and open questions (reflection tasks with suggested answers)
Sample answers for CAE/CPE writing
The model answers demonstrate how tips and strategies for approaching the question work
To keep the new knowledge organised and to give you the opportunity to return to it when needed
To track your progress and a must if you would like to receive a certificate
For further reading and study
This course consists of integral units that should be done in a strict order. Within each unit, the tasks follow a strict order and should be done one by one.
Challenges of teaching exam writing
What kinds of writing are tested on the CAE/CPE?
Summarising and evaluating text
Reports and proposals
CPE letters and emails
The CAE / CPE assessment checklist
Tips for preparing learners
By the end of the course, participants will:
- have a better understanding of how to teach writing for exams
- have a better understanding of how to interpret the assessment criteria and how to develop awareness of these with students
- have a set of classroom techniques to help their learners prepare for their writing exams
The skills you will learn:
- Planning and teaching writing lessons for exams
- Assessing and providing feedback to exam writing
- Utilizing self- and peer-assessment in teaching exams
- Student-centered techniques and activities for raising awareness of exam criteria
- Toolkits for teaching exam writing in the early, middle, and late stages of exam preparation
Based on the results of the final test you will get:
0–69% — Certificate of Attendance
70–89% — Certificate of Completion
90–100% — Certificate of Completion with Merit
Certificate will appear in your Profile.