Building Engagement in the Classroom
This is a Free Video. Please register to watch it.
About the Video
New to TEFL/TESOL, Experienced, Expert
One of the most challenging parts of teaching all age groups – adults, teenagers, and primary – is getting the learners to really engage with the content that we’re teaching. While many people think about student engagement as a matter of “charisma” – something that you have or you don’t – I’ve found through my experience of both teaching and training teachers that this is not the case. In this session, we’re going to look at simple, practical techniques that we can use to get learners to participate more actively and willingly in our lessons in a variety of age groups.
Key takeaways from the webinar:
1. key benefits of building engagement
2. a series of simple, low-prep techniques to build engagement
3. a toolkit to deal with learners who just don’t seem to be interested
- Teaching teens
- Teaching adults
DELTA Module 1, CELTA, CELT P/S Trainer, The University of Tennessee (BA in Anthropology)
Who is this Video for?
- teachers who would like to extend their repertory of simple, low-prep engagement building techniques
- teachers who would like to boost learner motivation